Friday, November 05, 2010

Three 50/50 Chances...

So, I took the hubs back to the doctor on Wednesday, this time the orthopedic surgeon.  And I wasn't happy with the results I got.  Not happy at all. 

First of all, we waited an hour and half.  The place was busy, so that's not really a big deal, but they could have at least informed us they were running an hour and half late when we got there.  The appointment was at 3:30 and we didn't get out of the waiting room untill 5:00.  Like I said, they were busy, so I'm ok with this, but we had other stuff we needed to get done that day, before 5:00, and it didn't get done. 

So, anyway, we get back there and the doc comes and looks at his leg, and gives me three 50/50 scenarios, and these were his exact words:
1.  The swelling could go away, but it might not;
2.  I could operate, but I might not;
3.  If I do operate the swelling could come back, but it might not

WHAT?!  I'm so glad I didn't have to pay this whack job a co pay, I would have been so pissed, because I really think he gave us a dis-service.  I could have told him all of those things, and I'm not even a doctor.  Not even close. 

Then, this "doctor" told us that hubs could go back to work tomorrow if he wanted to.  Which I said there was no way in hell that was going to happen.  His leg is still really swolen, not quite, but almost twice the size of his left leg.  The doc did tell us that it's blood swelling.  Which means that when his leg got ran over, the trauma separated his skin from the subcutaneous tissue underneath.  Creating the pocket where the swelling is. 

I don't think that the doc telling us that it could go away, but then again it might not is bullshit.  I wanted to get a second opinion, but hubby doesn't want to.  The jury is still out on that actually.  I just don't know what to do. 

The doc released him to go back to work on the 15th, but said they will give him another week if he needs it, I will just need to get in touch with the doctor and his boss in enough time to get the extra week off approved.  So, my job this week is to make sure he gets some activity to loosen his leg up.  Walking or riding the stationary bike or something.  Which I'll be watching to see how he does with that, how is walking is, and how much he needs his pain medication.  His going back to work next Monday all depends on that.

I know that he's going crazy, and he's ready to go back to work, and I'm ready for him to go back to work.  :)  Good grief, he's driving me crazy!  We don't usually spend this much time together. 

I got my fill last week, and I got the 1cc that I wanted, but I don't know if it was enough.  I know that a few months ago this was my sweet spot, but it doesn't seem like it is anymore.  Which the sweet spot is pretty elusive I guess.  I'm going to give it another week.  Which I would have to do anyway, the doc will only fill you every two weeks.  But, I know that if next week I'm still not at optimum restriction I'm going to get another fill before Thanksgiving. 

That's all I have my bloggy ladies.  Happy posting and enjoy your weekends.