Saturday, June 13, 2009

2 More Days

Two more days to go. Then the liquids won't be so bad cuz I won't be hungry. It's getting to the point that I can't do these protein shakes anymore.

Went to the area Relay for Life cancer walk last night, we go every year. My husband and I have both lost loved ones to cancer, we figure it's the least we could do. This year was pretty rough for a couple of reasons. We lost our team captain to cancer this year in April, that was the hardest part.

On a lighter note, the guy at the camp beside was grilling steak, and we were four camps away from the funnel cake booth. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? Everyone was walking by the funnel cakes, and eating steak around me. This is the first year that's ever happened. The year that I can't eat there's steak. SERIOUSLY! :) I didn't cheat though. Mind over matter. The surgery matters more, so I didn't mind. I did threaten to lick the powdered sugar off of my husbands funnel cake though.

Tomorrow I make my way to Kansas City for the first leg of my trip, then I'm off to Columbia Monday morning for surgery.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger