Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hello My Lovelies.....

Hi everyone.  I know that when I made my last post I promised I was back for good.  And, I didn't lie, technically, but it's been kinda weird around my parts in the last couple weeks. 

The healing process with my back is going really well.  I'm still in pain, but nothing like it was before.  The debilitating spasms going down my butt and legs are totally gone.  Which is great.  That was one of the biggest complaints that I had for the doc.  As well as being in constant pain all the time. 

The pain I'm in now is more of a healing pain.  I'm very sore still.  Which kinda angers me a little.  I was hoping I'd bounce back quicker than this.  I start physical theraphy on Monday.  The doc ordered water therapy as well as traditional therapy, but right now the physical therapist thinks we should stick with strictly water therapy.  Which brings me to my swimsuit fear from the last post.  Especially since they took fluid out of my band and I've been gaining.  The swimsuit looks pretty decent though.  For the first one I've owned in 10 years, it'll do.  :)

In the assessment he gave me he said that since my back was messed up for so long and I've compensated for so many things everything in my body is kinda tilted to the right.  Ankles, pelvis, hips, shoulders, neck, the whole nine yards.  So that is going to be first on the agenda; lining me back up, which he said would make me much more comfortable just in everyday life.  He kinda tried to pop a few things back in place on Wednesday when I did my assessment, but I couldn't handle it.  On the plus side, my GIANT bruises from my IV's and having blood drawn a million times are finally starting to go away.  They're kind of yellowish instead of purple.  I bruise really easy and so drawing blood or getting an IV is pretty brutal.  I even bruise when I get fills and that needle doesn't bother me at all. 

I'm slowly trying to get life back to normal.  My hubby was on vacation for a week and half to take care of me at home.  While I was very grateful and really did need his help, I'm so glad he went back to work.  lol  He was driving me insane!  Since I wasn't really able to go anywhere we were together all the time.  Not good.  Hubby and I love eachother very much, but we're also people that need our own space.  Which, most of the time, we both respect, if we can.  But when I'm not cleared to drive yet and really have no money to go anywhere on my own, it's a little hard.  I kid you not, it was getting to the point that the very sound of his voice made me want to slap the shit out of him.  lol  Not good. 

However, he went back to work on Monday and both of our routines are slowly getting back to normal.  Sort of.  I'm not able to do as much of the housework right now as I was doing before because I'm still on a lot of restrictions, but I can do a few things.  And, we get to spend some much needed time apart. 

In getting back to my daily routine I've noticed that it's getting easier to get up and around.  Moving around is easier.  Still not 100% which, I gotta be honest, I'm kinda pissed about.  Not a lot I can do about it, but it is what it is.  Doc said I might not be all the way to 100% for three to six months.  Joy of joys.  *insert extreme sarcasm here*  However, at my post op appointment when he took my staples out and took x-rays he said that the hardware looked perfect.  So that's good, and a load off my mind.  That means I'm doing things right I guess.

On the band front, I'm doing better since my little stint in the hospital.  They took WAY TOO MUCH out of my band though.  I know they did it for my safety, which is cool, but damn!  Did they forget I'm a fattie?  :)  I just can't wait till next week when I can have them put it back in.  I was at my sweet spot.  I was just stupid and wasn't taking my antiacids like I should have been and screwed everything up.  As I said in my last post, that has since changed.  I miss my sweet spot and restriction.  However, I will have it back next week.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder indeed.  :)

Well, I guess that's all I have for today my friends.  Was just checking in with you.  I'm still way behind on blogs, hopefully I'll get semi-caught up today.  At least that's the plan.  Happy posting everyone.

3 comments:

-Grace- said...

I'm glad you are getting better!

Lap Band Groupie said...

I'm SO glad things are turning around for you! Hope the reflux is under control now and I'm sure the unfill helped that a lot (my 2cc's out cured mine completely). Take the refills slowly if you can and feel better!

Bonnie said...

Good to hear from you. Happy you are on the mend.

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger