Saturday, February 19, 2011

Officially TTC

Well my bloggies, it's finally happened........I've purchased a ticket to ride on the mommy train.  Not aboard yet, cuz we aren't expecting, but we are trying.  As to which I must say.....I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.  :D 

All of my friends seem to think that I'm off my rocker a bit, due to the fact that for YEARS I never wanted kids.  Then it was like I did a 180.  My doctor told me that I was now more than healthy enough (183 and a BMI of 30, thankyouverymuch) to have a baby then we should go for it.  So we are. 

Hubby and I, and our families are excited, but let's be honest here...I'm scared to death.  What if I won't be a good mom.  Now, mind you, I had wonderful teachers.  My mom and dad kick ass.  They've always stood in my corner, right or wrong, and I know even now, at 30 years old, that I could always come home if I wanted.  The open door policy is in full effect and in complete working order.  I also what my child to have that. 

Sooooooo......I've read a crapton of articles, bought a couple of books on the subject, a pregnancy journal, and am in the process of enrolling us for parenting classes.  Hubby thinks this is going a little overboard.  Oh well, that's just the way my hubs thinks.  My reply to this was that I'm going to be the one with a person growing inside me, not him.  That seemed to shut him up. 

Deep down, I know these things might not necesssarily make me a better parent, maybe not even a good parent...but it seems to help.  Maybe it's all in my head, maybe not.  I just know that we're at the age (both of us in our 30's) that we have the opportunity to be very prepared and make smart parenting decisions, I want to make sure that happens. 

Also, in certain things in my life, I'm very hypervigilant.  I want to be prepared.  Now, if you walked into my house right now, you'd laugh in my face.  lol  But when it comes to the big stuff, all I want to do on the day everything goes down is show up.  So, by the time we get pregnant and the baby's born, all I want to do is show up at the hospital and try to stay as relaxed and calm as I can, because I want to know that everything is taken care of.  Sounds like a good plan to me, and the doctor thinks it's a great idea.

The doc also said that since I haven't reached my goal weight yet, I might not need to gain any (if very little) weight.  Just a few more calories a day to give the baby the nutrients it needs.  Which means a few good things for me.  No unfill (unless the docs office says so), and it would make it easier for me to lose the baby weight in the future. 

I've also been given the ok to exercise from my spinal surgeon.  When I went to see him last week he said that everything was textbook perfect and that I'm going to be fine.  Nothing major, just a little walking and other types of cardio.  This will also help keep me at a healthy weight. 

Well, y'all I guess that's all I have for today.  Happy posting everyone, and have a great weekend.  Racing season starts this weekend.  YAHOO!  So, I'm off to my mom and dad's to watch the Daytona 500, can't wait.  Talk to you all soon.

4 comments:

Kinzie said...

Congrats - You will be a great mom. I would worry about you if were not scared and doubtful! It's ok to be prepared and the time comes, most of it comes naturally.

Leslie said...

Congrats on TTC! I'm hoping to follow you very very soon.

I'm like you, must be prepared. I think about all the things that need to get done. I think it's a great idea to take a parenting class, it won't hurt at all!

Jen from Oregon said...

I don't think anyone can prepare for becoming a parent. It is the hardest job you'll ever have. The trade off is it is the most rewarding! You'll be fine! Best of luck & have fun getting there ;)

Amanda Kiska said...

I agree with Jen - all the preparation we do doesn't really "prepare" us for parenthood. luckily they come out small and pretty forgiving while we work our way through it and of course they don't know any better so we can practice our talents on them - lol!

But seriously you'll make a wonderful mom! I was older when I decided to have kids too. Enjoy this time!

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger