Tuesday, March 01, 2011

My Word of the Year


I know this is a little behind, but better late than never right?  :)  I chose this as my word of the year for a lot of reasons.  A few of them are as follows:

~I'm close to goal; as of this morning I was 178, and my goal is 150-140, give or take.
~Hubby and I are TTC, and I have to be healthy in order to get pregnant as well as have a healthy baby.
~It's not so much about losing weight for me anymore as much as staying healthy (hence my word choice).  This is because I'm pretty content where I'm at right now.  I need to tone up a little bit, but as you all know I've had some health issues that have kept me from accomplishing that in the last few years.  Those are now worked out and I've started a walking program.
~The doctor said that even if I got pregnant now I was healthy enough, mentally as well as physically.  Which leads me to my next point.
~Mental health also ties into physical health, at least in my opinion.  If you're not mentally/emotionally healthy, you allow so many things get in your way that wouldn't mean a hill of beans to you otherwise.
~Spiritual health.  I've never been known to be an overly religious person.  However, my folks and I are LDS (Mormon).  It's been a looooooong time since I've been to church, for a lot of reasons, but that's a blog for another day.  I want to work on my spiritual health because I want my kids to know my religion and that I love and believe in it very much.  They won't know that if I don't go.  Bottom line.

This list goes on, I know it does, but that's all I can think about now.  Hope this blog finds you all feeling and doing well. 

Happy posting my bloggies.




1 comments:

Leslie said...

Very good word and I agree with you. Mental health is so very important.

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger