Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Still Alive and Well

That seems to be my theme lately.  That I'm alive and well.  I actually don't know why I haven't been blogging.  I used to read and blog every day.  I stayed current with everyone and making sure I was keeping you all current on me.  Then I just stopped.  I'm really sorry guys.  I don't know why I did that. 

I've been reading though.  It looks like everyone had an amazing time in Chicago and I wished like hell I could have been there.  Hopefully, since the rumor is it's going to be a yearly thing I'll get to go next time. 

I'm still struggling after my back surgery.  Not as much as I was before surgery though.  I'm really busting my ass to get the last few classes in my program wrapped up so I can take my certification class and get a job.  That's been my main focus for the last few weeks.  Allowing me to pull my GPA out of the gutter a little bit. 

I had a birthday while I was absent, the big 3-0.  It was fun.  Spent the weekend with my family, then this last weekend was race weekend at Kansas Speedway so I got to do that.  Always a good time for me as you all know. 

There really hasn't been much else going on.  I guess that's why I haven't been blogging.  I'm getting a fill on the 13th.  It's pretty needed.  I know that I'm not wide open, which is great.  I hate those "could eat the ass end out of a buffalo" feelings.  They totally piss me off.  However, I know that I need a fill before Thanksgiving.  I don't want to take advantage of being too loose and overdo it. 

My loss has actually been pretty sporadic.  Some weeks I loose and some weeks I don't.  Which I guess that mean that it's steady.  Hell, I don't know.  And I know that it's me.  Not being able to exercise really hurts the weight loss.  Especially when I have times that I don't watch what I eat.  Tailgating this weekend though I did an awesome job!  Was very proud of myself. 

I know that I'm having some issues with the size I wear now.  It's like I'm not seeing it.  For years it was 2X and that's it.  Usually a 2X in mens.  No chance a 2X in women's would even attempt to fit me.  Well, at the track this weekend I got my usualy t-shirt/hoodie combo.  I saw this hoodie that I really liked and told the guy to give it to me in a 2X.  It was a mens hoodie.  I never opened it up and looked at it till I got up for the race the next day and was going to wear it.  This thing is HUGE!  I could wear it as a dress.  That one is definently going on the dryer.  Hubby asked me why I bought it that big and I told him it's cuz I thought that's the size I wear.  Odd.  Almost 70 pounds down and I still see the fat chick.  Odd and interesting.  Still working through that one I guess.

Here are a couple pictures of the last few months. 

 This is me and my nephew Joe at Camp Snoopy. 
 Me and Daddy at the races in May.  I love this picture.  Me and Daddy doing what we love most, spending time together at a race.
These are my feet, in Victory Lane at Kansas Speedway.  I'm also wearing the hoodie/dress that I bought the day before that's about 3 sizes too big.  Note, it goes down to my knees.  :)  And I think me and hubby both could fit in it.  Which I guess wouldn't be a bad thing.  ;)

Well, that's it everyone.  Hopefully I'll blog again sometime soon before the end of the year.  Good grief.  Happy posting everyone.
PS~Something I forgot to tell y'all.  My good friend Aimee is having gastric bypass this month on the 18th and is needing some input/support from us.  I know a lot of us follow tons of blogs and have a hard time keeping up sometimes, but if you want to look her up, she's at misfit4life.blogspot.com
Thanx ladies.






1 comments:

Amanda Kiska said...

Good to hear from you! It sounds like you're doing pretty well. Keep blogging!

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger